- #TPLoveIsInTheAir: My Valentine Photo Contest is open to participants who are at least 18 years old and a permanent resident of the Philippines.
- Contest duration is from February 10 to 28, 2017.
- Participants must like the Teleperformance Philippines official Facebook fan page within the contest duration.
- To qualify, one must take his/her most memorable picture with his/her partner and include a short description of how their love story began (maximum of 100 words).
- The participant should upload the photo-entry in his/her respective Facebook timeline with the hashtags “#Teleperformance” and “#TPLoveIsInTheAir” on it. The participant should tag the Teleperformance Philippines Facebook fan page in the post.
- After the photo has been uploaded, the participant should send the link of the post to Teleperformance Philippines official Facebook fan page via private message for verification of the entry.
- Entries must be submitted from February 10 to 28, 2017. Within this period, the participants should ask their friends to like the Teleperformance Philippines official Facebook page, and their photo entry that were posted on their respective timelines.
- Photos with large numbers of likes will be reviewed and verified by the Teleperformance Social Media team to make sure all are legitimate and to avoid spams.
- The photo entry should depict a wholesome and sweet photo of the couple.
- Photos that display profanity, obscenity, competitor name/brand/logo, trademarked logos, designs and venues that are not fit for public posting will be disqualified.
- Participants are allowed to use creative filters, frames, and other design elements such as stickers, texts and emojis.
- A couple may only submit one photo entry (i.e., only one of the couple should upload the photo on his/her timeline).
- Participants may win only once.
- The top 10 entries with the most number of likes as of the cut-off date (February 28 at 5:00 PM) will qualify for the final selection. From the top 10, three (3) winners (grand prize, 2nd prize and 3rd prize) will be chosen based on the following criteria: Creativity = 50% Impact = 25% Theme Adherence = 25%
- The rest of the seven (7) finalists will be given consolation prizes
- Representatives from Teleperformance Recruitment, Human Resources, Finance, and the SVP for Human Capital Resource Management will serve as judges.
- Should disputes arise in the execution of this contest, the decision of the SVP for Human Capital Resource Management of Teleperformance Philippines will be final and irrevocable.
Promo Duration: February 10 to 28, 2017
Always eager to strengthen ties with students and the academic community, Teleperformance has once again taken part in one of Polytechnic University of the Philippines’ (PUP) major learning conferences.
This year’s iteration of the university’s highly anticipated radio conference, dubbed “Ignite Me: The Art of Radio Broadcasting in Social Media Era”, the event was attended by over five hundred (500) Communications Arts students. The conference was facilitated by the most prominent names in Philippine radio, exploring the importance of innovating radio content to stay afloat in the age of social media.
As one of the event partners, Teleperformance organized various marketing activities that provided students with a quick overview of the company and career opportunities they could explore.
Teleperformance’s participation in PUP’s annual radio conference is part of the company’s university relations program that aims to strengthen the Teleperformance brand among the students through its continued presence in school activities and projects.
December may have passed, but Christmas isn’t officially over—at least for Teleperformance Alphaland’s top performers.
Twenty eight (28) employees felt like it was Christmas morning all over again as they received Christmas baskets, Starbucks limited edition Christmas mugs, and IMAX tickets during a special awarding ceremony held at Café Astoria, Astoria Plaza.
Site Director Angel Fonacier congratulated the top performers for their excellent performance last November. In a heartfelt speech, she encouraged everyone to keep up the good work and make 2017 an even better, stronger year for the site and for their respective accounts.
Joining the celebration of achievements were program leaders who also presented certificates of appreciation to the awardees.
Most, if not all of us, have seen those small octagonal mirrors placed above doorways of houses or shops. These mirrors, “Ba Gua” to the Feng Shui savvy, are said to preserve prosperity and good fortune by keeping bad luck at bay.
If the good luck power of the ‘octagon’ is to be believed, then Teleperformance Octagon basks in a lot of it—and the site intends to keep it that way when employees staged the Lucky Octagon 2017 celebration last January 27 to usher in the Chinese New Year.
The celebration served as the perfect opportunity to welcome two new programs to take residence in the site. Attended by more than 150 employees, including site and account leaders as well as clients, the celebration was a warm, welcoming experience for the members of the new programs.
Parlor games added more fun to the luck-filled merrymaking, with Team HR and Team Pag-IBIG garnering the wins. Gifts were also given to seventy (70) birthday celebrators for January. The day’s best-dressed, Vivian Cabutihan, Eliza Labrador, and Dainty Lyn Toledo also received some good fortune.
Fortune cookies distributed to all employees served as the perfect cap to the day’s activity. With good fortunes in place, Teleperformance Octagon is looking forward to a prosperous 2017 and beyond.
Teleperformance Bacolod shows fiery promise in 2017 as it welcomed the year of the fire rooster with an awarding ceremony for November and December 2016 top performers at Ripples, L’Fisher Hotel.
Thirty six (36) employees stood tall and beamed with pride as Site Director Jun de la Cruz, together with Account Manager Kristin Atesora, Assistant Manager of Leadership and Development Shella Pabon, and Recruitment Assistant Manager Kei Dusaban handed them their certificates of recognition.
The awardees were comprised of supervisors and agents who topped their programs’ metrics during the previous quarter.
In between mouthfuls of pancakes and bacon, a handful of awardees expressed their sincere gratitude to their mentors.
The leadership team, joined by Center Managers Sam Gonzaga and Ember Sindigan, Account Manager Catherine Arbolario, Training Manager Jeremy Arbolario, QA Manager Mark Pahilanga, and Assistant Training Manager Andrew Alova, also acknowledged the creativity and excellent craftsmanship of several employees who spruced up the site’s décor during the holidays.
To cap off the celebration and usher in the good fortune, a dragon dance performed by the Amity Volunteer Fire Brigade followed at the site.
Congratulations to all awardees.
Fingers crossed, breaths held. The anticipation was intense as the nation set its eyes on Maxine Medina to continue Pia Wurtzbach’s reign as Miss Universe.
There’s no shortage of support for the beauty queen-cum-interior designer from Teleperformance employees as they watched the event unfold via special live screening parties across seventeen (17) sites. In a true show of pride, many employees came to the screening glammed up to max, channeling their inner beauty queens in support of Maxine. They even held mock pageants in a number of sites, much to the delight of employees and leaders in attendance.
Maxine may not have clinched the title, but somewhere there’s a Filipina queen just waiting to be crowned—and Teleperformance, together with the nation, is ready to cheer her on.
The best in people rises during the most difficult of times. Such can be said without hesitation for the men and women of the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) who have constantly been the heroes of aid during the calamitous moments in our country. As Typhoon Nina closed 2016 with losses and destruction in Bicol and the Visayas Region, PRC has, time and again, answered the call for rescue.
The recent calamity also brought out the best in Teleperformance. In response to the needs of families and communities affected by the typhoon, the company’s corporate social responsibility arm Citizen of the World (COTW) initiated a relief drive and successfully raised PHP 200,000, which included PHP 100,000 cash donations from employees, and matched with an equivalent PHP 100,000 by Teleperformance. In a simple ceremony held last January 20, Senior Vice President for Human Capital Resource Management Jeffrey Johnson presented the cheque to Philippine Red Cross officers Ria Rivera (OIC for PRC Rizal Chapter and Branch Administrator for PRC Mandaluyong City Branch) and Hilarion Dimagiba (Auditor and Board of Directors for PRC Rizal Chapter).
Also present during the ceremony were Communications and Marketing Director Marilyn Ventenilla, HCRM Support Manager Tracy Gannaban, and COTW Ambassador Emil Macalinao.
Along with the monetary donation, COTW was able to collect and turn over more than PHP100,000 worth of donations in kind to PRC.
Would you describe recognition as “hot, steamy, and delightful?” For Teleperformance Fairview’s Q4 top performers, these adjectives could never be more fitting.
Good food and good company was the order of the day last January 20 as the site hosted their traditional “Feast for the Finest” recognition program for over forty (40) top performing employees at Tong Yang in SM Fairview. Over steaming bowls of delicious shabu-shabu, Vice President of Operations Toni Tompar and Site Director Jenn Serrano acknowledged the performance of these outstanding employees for hitting and exceeding their program’s metrics.
The occasion also served as an opportunity for them to share best practices and discuss plans relevant to their respective programs.
Capping off the hearty feast, the Q4 awardees received certificates of appreciation and special edition shirts.
Congratulations to the following:
- Jerome Ernacio
- Ronnie Catigbe
- Eduardo Gomez
- Rodolfo Rieta
- James Abano
- Ralph Alvin Valdez
- Shielanae Morata
- Romero Ramos
- Jayson Panganiban
- Monaliza Dagale
- Ma.Cynthia Castañeda
- Genaline Rufino
- Carolyn Abelita
- Nico Angelo Tintero
- Joshua Rommel Mallo
- Jayron Erasquin
- Armida Indoc
- Mernel Antojado
- Sheena Cabilan
- Christopher Divino
- Kristoffer Xavier Muscat
- Hannah Kristina Gigante
- Phil Frian Leticia Feria
- Mary Ann Soria
- Ana Mariz Zacarias
- Myra Dareges
- Czarinah Joy Zobelle Roman
- Sharon Pulpina
- Antonette Apolo
- Seth Christopher Santos
- Justine Rosal
- Louie Adrian Cutillas
- Norenea Apryl Obile
- Roberto Aranas
- Jeanne Therese Medina
- Queenzy Felizar
- Alejandro Sales
- Hazel Tusaneza
- Raymund Tadia
- Jarel Apelin
- Darius Senido
- Gleginson Dela Cruz
- Ross Miranda
According to Chinese astrology, 2017 is the Year of the Fire Rooster. Confidence and intelligence are the two most known characteristics of the Rooster. The Rooster also likes to be always punctual, sociable and communicative. Hence, this might be the perfect year to pursue careers in the field of communication, customer service, marketing, sales, and business management. With the Rooster’s ambitious trait, 2017 is the time to explore new horizons and achieve more goals.
The Year of the Fire Rooster presents new and exciting opportunities if you want to take on new plans this 2017, such as improving your professional career or becoming your best version yet. Teleperformance, the global leader in outsourced omnichannel customer experience management services, presents these life and career sketches for a prosperous 2017:
- Always be on time. Every morning, the Rooster’s crow is very distinct and loud enough for the whole community to hear, signaling that a new day is about to begin. Coming to the office on time posts a lot of benefits. For one, it provides you with ample time to get settled in your work station, so you can ready your to-do list for the day. So if you want to be successful, start by being punctual. As the saying goes, “the early bird catches the worm.”
- 2. Improve your speech. The Rooster loves to communicate with others. A good set of conversation skills is vital to one’s success in the workplace. Effective business communication makes for a smoother working relationship with your colleagues, clients and customers. So, it would be wise to take workshops to improve your communication skills.
- Invest in a new skill. The Rooster is ambitious and this year it comes with the Fire element, which signifies vigor and passion. Have you always thought of learning something new? Whatever field you are in, do not hesitate to improve your craft. Take an online certification course or enroll in a master’s program. It will not only gain you a new skill, it will also increase your market value as a professional.
- Make new friends. The Rooster is also known to be sociable. Go out of your circle and explore new avenues to make new friends. In this day and age, people have become highly sociable, especially with the abundance of various social media platforms. After all, you will need to have a wider network to succeed in the corporate world.
- Travel more. Yes, you read that right. The Rooster is one of the only two animals in Chinese astrology who can fly, with the other one being the Dragon. Reward yourself for doing your job well. Spend your money in gaining knowledge on various cultures and cuisines around the world. Travel will also give you new insights and lessons that will enhance you both on professional and personal levels.
George Dy, Teleperformance Philippines vice president for recruitment, affirms: “This new year offers us more chances to pursue our plans, passions and goals. With the right attitude and positive mindset, one can achieve professional success and personal happiness.”
“At Teleperformance, we make sure that our people get the best employment experience that allows them to grow both as a professional and as an individual. Teleperformance offers not only a job, but a career in a leading global organization where one can learn, work, and have fun all at the same time. Teleperformance continues to grow with nearly 40,000 employees. If you are confident and passionate like the Fire Rooster, you are most welcome to be part of this exciting growth in the company,” adds Dy.
Teleperformance, the world’s leading provider of outsourced omnichannel customer experience management services, recently joined the rest of Cebu in celebrating this year’s Sinulog Festival. An estimated 1.5 million devotees and tourists joined the Sinulog Grand Parade where Teleperformance presented its festive floral float.
With the annual theme, “One Beat, One Dance, One Vision,” Teleperformance highlighted its participation in the festival by organizing its own Sinulog Queen and King Pageant and by joining in the street dance parties. Both events set the stage for nearly 8,000 employees from Teleperformance Cebu to share their talents with millions of Cebuanos and tourists who marched in celebration.
Sinulog is now on its 36th year and continues to be a major festival in Cebu. Each year on the third Sunday of January, Cebuanos gather to pay tribute to the Santo Niño, or child Jesus, who is the patron saint of the province. Sinulog is celebrated in both cultural and religious context, showcasing Cebu’s proud heritage and strong Catholic faith.
Teleperformance is present in two sites in Cebu City – at Insular Life Building in Cebu Business Park and at Asiatown IT Park. As part of the Sinulog celebrations, Teleperformance held recruitment open house activities where free meals were served to all walk-in applicants.